Last updated 29 January 2019
Who we are…
Crushingcinders.com is a personal book blog.
When visitors leave comments on the site Crushingcinders.com collects the data shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to enable spam detection.
Visitors may opt-in to
An anonymised string created from the visitor’s email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if the visitor is using it. After approval of the visitor comment, the visitor Gravatar profile picture will be visible to the public in the context of the visitor comment. If the visitor chooses not to use Gravatar a random avatar, such as a pattern, will be automatically generated for use in place of the visitor profile picture to distinguish the visitor comment from other comments.
If the visitor chooses to upload images, videos or other media to Crushingcinders.com the visitor is responsible for avoiding the upload of images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS).
If the visitor fills out a contact form on Crushingcinders.com, the entire contents of the form will be emailed to the site administrator along with the visitor IP address and stored on the server for safekeeping.
For users that choose to register on Crushingcinders.com all related personal information provided is saved in their user profile to enable recognition of the user and the possible automatic approval of any follow-up comments. All registered users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (the username cannot be deleted). The website administrator can also see and edit that information.
When previously registered visitors log in to Crushingcinders.com a temporary cookie will be set up to determine if the visitor browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when the visitor closes the visitor browser.
Registered users who choose to log in when visiting crushingcinders.com, cookies will be set up to save the visitor login information. If the visitor logs out of the visitor account, the login cookies will be removed.
Links to third party Websites
Crushingcinders.com includes links (including embedded content in posts and affiliate links (See my Affiliate Disclosure) to third party websites for the visitor’s convenience. Crushingcinders.com is not responsible for the privacy policies on these websites. Visitors should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own.
Who we share the visitor data with…
Crushingcinders.com uses the following third-party services: (Please note that while we take the utmost care when choosing our service providers, These service providers may collect visitor personal data. Crushingcinders.com is not responsible for the privacy policies of these services and the visitor should be aware that the privacy policies of these sites may differ from our own. Links to each related website is provided below.)
- WordPress.org software (and any related plug-ins) is used by Crushingcinders
- Google Analytics is used for web analytics. Information generated by the cookie about the visitor use of our website (including the visitor IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating the visitor use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- EliteHost is Crushingcinders.com’s web host. They are responsible for creating and storing a backup of the Crushingcinders.com website which may include user personal data.
- Jetpack plugin is used for visitor traffic analysis and security such as brute force attack protection, malware scanning, and spam filtering. They are also responsible for creating and storing a backup of the Crushingcinders.com website which may include user personal data.
- Akismet plugin is used for visitor traffic analysis and security such as spam filtering on comments.
- AddToAny places share buttons at the bottom of every blog post and page at Crushingcinders.com to facilitate easy sharing of content found on the site.
- OpinionStage is used to collect visitor opinion in surveys and polls. All participation in opinion survey/polls is voluntary.
- Gravatar.More information under ‘comments’ above.
- Rafflecopter. When entering giveaways at Crushingcinders.com visitor data may be stored by Rafflecopter in order to select prize winners.
What rights the visitor have over the visitor data
If the visitor have an account on this site, or have left comments, the visitor can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about the visitor, including any data the visitor have provided to us. The visitor can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about the visitor. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
The contents of this statement may be altered at any time, at the discretion of Crushingcinders.com.