What I Love About Audible
I’ve only recently started using Audible, Amazon’s audiobook subscription site. Not because I don’t like audiobooks, our family spent many happy hours in the car listening to Roald Dahl, Francesca Simon and Audrey Wood‘s books. But up until a few months ago, I was working full-time which left little time for hobbies. Now that I have many more hours to spend painting, art journaling and other craft activities I discovered that I am easily bored and music alone was just not filling the gap.
So in came Audible which offers a one month trial. Bonus! What to choose… My TBR (to be read) list is dangerously long. Daunting. Intimidating. It is really
impossible difficult to choose what to read next. Then I remembered there were a few books on my list that had been there a while, mostly because of their sheer size. And then I had it – A Game of Thrones. And just like that, I rediscovered a passion for audiobooks…
Here is a list of what I love about Audible. (Lists are addictive!)
- One month free trial.
- I can listen on my android phone and sync to any device.
- One credit i.e. one book. (Any book of your choice) is included in the monthly subscription.
- Relatively inexpensive.
- Many titles to choose from.
- If you purchase the ebook from Amazon you can include the Audible audio ed. at a reduced cost. This allows you to seamlessly sync between the text and audio.
- Makes chores something to look forward to.
- Prevents my brain getting up to mischief while I am painting.
- Ticking off my TBR list quicker than I would have.
- Completing my Goodreads reading challenge becomes a real possibility.
- Discovering hidden gems in the story that the A Game of Thrones TV series doesn’t show.
Are you using Audible? Do you like audiobooks?
What are you raving about right now?
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish at http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html